Ahh, fall – the season of pumpkin spice, cozy sweaters, and binge-watching our favorite Halloween movies. At Kingsford Home Improvements, we love watching the weather change in the fall, but we also know that it’s an important time for homeowners to begin inspecting their homes for preventative maintenance needs.
After all, the leaves sure can look beautiful when they first fall, but after a few months, winter sets in and makes it glaringly obvious who took their fall inspections seriously and who did not.
Luckily, we’re here to give you a checklist of items that you should definitely examine before autumn fully hits.
- Roofs – Before too many leaves fall and begin to decay on your roof, make sure that the surface, as well as the gutters and downspouts, are free of moss and debris that can cause problems later on.
- Yard – If you see signs of insects or animals around your yard, particularly close to your home or by your garages/crawlspaces, this could indicate that pests have an opportunity to get into your home – and perhaps are already setting up shop. Before the truly cold weather arrives and drives more of them indoors, you should call a professional to help restore your vinyl siding.
- Doors & Windows – When a home has old doors or windows, it’s likely that you’ll lose any warm air coming from your heating system which will then drive up your electric bill. The time to replace windows and doors is before the cold weather hits, not during.
- Patios – Many of our customers love using their patios well into the colder months, but if you don’t have coverage for yours, it could be a lost space for you during winter. Consider renovating your patio into a space that can be enjoyed all year round.
- Deck – Rain, hail, and snow can wreak havoc on a deck, so if yours is looking a little worse for wear, it is better to have it taken care of before the end of autumn. Composite decking is a tougher material than wood because it can stand up to the elements and doesn’t require special care.
Keep Your Home Safe and Protected This Fall
If you are finding issues around your home that will need to be addressed before the winter, Kingsford can help you handle them in a timely and efficient manner. With a team of experts who are experienced in all aspects of home improvement, we will be by your side to help you determine what you need and implement it for you.
Don’t wait on preparing your home for fall – contact Kingsford Home Improvements today to speak to one of our team members.